@jimsuttle
Get Updates:

Suttle Administration News

Mayor Suttle Announces 2011 Snow Plan


November 9, 2011

November 9. 2011 – Today, Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle and Director of Public Works, Bob Stubbe announced that the City of Omaha plans to hire five additional contractors to assist with this winter’s snow operations. The additional contractors will allow City crews to broaden their coverage to include newly annexed portions of the City without compromising efficiency in snow removal. “We have a responsibility to work with our citizens to provide safe streets and sidewalks as quickly and efficiently as possible both during and after a snowfall,” said Mayor Suttle. “However, we understand that we have limited resources available to us and we must maximize every dollar available.”

With the exception of the new contractors, the City’s Snow Plan remains unchanged from last year, when the City implemented its new “even-odd” Snow Emergency policy. “We anticipate the same success this winter as we embark on the second year of our updated snow policy,” said Bob Stubbe, Public Works Director. “Our plan requires residents east of 72nd St. to park on the “even” side of the street during even-numbered days, and the “odd” numbered side during odd-numbered days.”

“Our City’s snow plan can only be effective if we have the participation of our residents, said Mayor Suttle. “It is essential that we work together as a community to keep our streets clear and safe during the winter months.”

For more information on the City of Omaha Snow Operations Plan, please visit: http://www.cityofomaha.org/pw/snow/snow-plan/snow-operations.