(402) 444-5150 x2063
Email a Planner
Welcome to the Urban Planning Division
Urban Planning is responsible for the following sections:
Current Planning - The primary function of the Current Planning section is to oversee the development review process. The staff of the Current Planning section will guide those involved with and interest in development in the the City of Omaha and within the City's jurisdiction through the processing of applications for zoning, subdivisions, site plans, use permits, and zoning waivers. This section is also responsible for:
- Coordinating the review of plans by the various city departments and outside agencies.
- Processing development applications and review comments from various departments and outside agencies
- Prepare staff reports for Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeal, and City Council
- Prepare City base maps and other specialty maps,
- Staffs the Planning Help Desk.
Long Range Planning - Information on the city’s Master Plan focusing on improvement of neighborhoods, transportation, and other special projects
Urban Design - Information on urban design zoning for the Omaha area
More information will be coming in the near future on the above sections as it becomes available.
The PDF documents on this website can be read by downloading a free version of Adobe Reader (see button on the left bottom). If you need further assistance viewing pdf documents on this website, please contact the ADA coordinator by email or call 444-5000.